We wanted to explore Miami by car. We had two lazy left in Miami. Once again we wanted to relax at the hotel and discover Miami by car. We had one last stay at a different hotel before we started to cruise the atlantic. In Miami you can discover a lot by the car. We have a few tips for you:
To discover Miami by car we first considered what we would like to see. By searching in the Internet, we repeatedly discovered the same highlights and thus we would like to share our 5 favorite excursions with you.
Our TOP 5 Excursions by car
- Ride over the Ocean drive: The Ocean drive is in South Beach and here you find all the Art-Déco hotels which we knew from TV. We were here at the first evening. At night everything is illuminated. However, during the day it is also worth seeing.
- Excursion to Little Havana: Here you can see according to every guide Cuban culture. It is right: some buildings and stores seem to look like in Cuba, but we were not really convinced by that place.
- Coral Gables: We loved the trip to Coral Gables! Besides visiting the Biltmore hotel you can drive through the international parts of the town (French, Dutch, Chinese Village etc.).This excursion is really worth it. We drove along Hardee Road, River drive and SW 42ND avenue.
- Excursion to Palm Beach: We wanted to drive past the Breakers hotel, so we drove along the county road and then to the beach.It is really impressive to see the great houses in Palm Beach.
- Excursion to Fort Lauderdale: Who does not want to see the great yachts in Fort Lauderdale? We drove down the Las Olas Boulevard and the Seabreeze Boulevard and occasionally we took a side street to the left or the right and stopped. You can see great ships everywhere!
Because we mainly wanted to relax, we have spent these two days very comfortably.
Our Hotel before going on the cruise
At the end of the second day we had to return the hired car. The car rental was very close to the cruise terminal in Miami and for our last night we stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel in Miami. We had a room in the club floor and a magnificent look at the Celebrity Eclipse which already lay in the harbor. The advantages of the club floor are free wine, beer, whisky, juices, soft drinks, snacks and champagne! And a fantastic view from the room. The area around the hotel is also nice. You can walk over to the Bayside Marketplace. On this walk we have also discovered the ship “Juliet”. In the morning we took a taxi to the ship.