After spending the day in Málaga, we wanted to relax in the Greenhouse Spa on the Eurodam. Today was the perfect day for it. Since the Eurodam anchored in the harbor of Málaga until 11 pm, we had the chance to use our voucher from our ONBOARD voucher booklet for 1 hour free stay at the thermal area.
This coupon could only be used while the ship is in port. So we took our robes from the cabin and walked to the Greenhouse Spa & Salon on Deck 9. In the Greenhouse Spa and Salon onboard the Eurodam, you can either relax in the thermal area with warm ceramic beds, steam baths and a hydrotherapy pool or you can book and enjoy some salon treatments including massages as well as treatments for your skin, body, hair or nails.
At the reception of the Greenhouse Spa we were friendly welcomed. Our hour of relaxation could begin. The lady at the reception took our cabin card and the voucher and we received a ticket for the spa area. First we visited the area with steam baths and the warm ceramic beds. The entire themal area is decorated in shades of blue and you can enjoy the view of the ocean. We started with laying down on the warm ceramic beds. It was wonderful! The beds were cosy and we enjoyed the view of Málaga. Then we tried a warm and a hot steam bath. The steam baths are all tiled in attractive shades of pink. Afterwards you can refresh yourself with several showers.
In the next room we tried the hydrotherapy pool with different massage options. There were massage beds in the water, waterfall jets on the side walls for massages and a roundel with massage jets, in which we could stand.
10 tips and hints for staying at the Greenhouse Spa & Salon
- We visited the thermal area during dinner time at 7 pm. That is why we could enjoy the first 20 minutes for ourselves. Later on two more guests entered the spa. During dinner time you can enjoy a private spa experience.
- In the spa there were plenty of towels to use, so we did not need to bring any towel from the cabin.
- However, you should bring your spa bathrobe from the cabin.
- We recommend to bring some flip-flops made of rubber, which you can also use in the steam bath.
- There are private treatment rooms and massage rooms for couples.
- Your time on the heated ceramic beds is limited to 20 minutes in case the spa is fully occupied.
- The heated ceramic beds face the ocean and you can enjoy the view through a huge window front.
- Experienced Hydropool users take a rolled towel into the the water in order to place it under the neck. That way it is much more comfortable in the water. You can find towels on the wooden edge of the massage beds.
- If the water massage stops, you will find the button to turn it back on near the staris leading into the pool.
- Every day there were special offers in the daily program for the Greenhouse Spa & Salon.
Unfortunately, our free time in the thermal area of the spa passed too quickly. Afterwards we felt totally relaxed. We were ready to enjoy the evening onboard the Eurodam and were looking forward for the next day. Our next cruise port of call was Gibraltar – the fourth gem of spain. Tonight we enjoyed a wonderful sunset onboard the Eurodam in the port of Málaga.